Last updated May 31, 2018
We may change the Policy at any time by posting revisions to the Policy on the Products. Therefore, you should review the Policy from time to time. Your continued use of the Products constitutes your acceptance of the revised Policy. If you do not accept all of the terms, conditions and notices set forth in the Policy, you must exit the Products immediately.
Collection of Information from Children
The Products are not directed to, or intended for use by, children (defined as anyone under thirteen (13) years old). Children should not use or submit any information through the Products or its Services. If you are under the age of 13, you only may use the Services with permission from your parents or guardians. Deseret Digital Media does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from users under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits information through any part of the Services, and we become aware that the person submitting the information is a child, we will attempt to delete this information as soon as possible.
Type of Information Collected. We may collect two general types of information when you use the Products:
- Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”), which includes your first and last name, home or other physical address, telephone number, email address, user id, other identifiers that permit physical or online contact with you, or any information about you collected online and maintained in personally identifiable form in combination with any of the preceding categories. You also may view or engage with our Products and its Services through third-party social networking sites or social media plug-ins and applications. When you engage with the Products and its content through such third-party sites, plug-ins or applications, we may have access to certain information from your social media profile, such as your name, photo, gender, birthday, location, videos, your list of friends, etc. This information is included in the definition of PII.
- Non-personally identifiable information (“non-PII”) such as the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, the web pages you have visited, sites visited before and after you visit the Products, the type of handheld or mobile device used to access the Products or other device-specific information
How Information is Collected.
We collect information both actively and passively. For example, we will collect information about you that you voluntarily provide while on the Products. In addition to information provided directly by you, we (and third parties that offer features through the Products) may collect non-PII through the use of “cookies,” “web beacons,” “Flash cookies” or by other electronic means.
- Web Beacons. We, our third-party service providers, advertisers and partners also may use “web beacons” or similar technologies. Web beacons are small strings of code placed on a web page to collect data about how visitors use the Products. For example, web beacons may be used to count the number of users who visit the Products or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor to the Products. If you set your browser to turn off cookies, web beacons and similar technologies will detect your visits to the Products, but they will not associate your activity on the Products with information that otherwise would be stored in cookies. We do not control tracking technologies used by third parties on the Site.
Flash Cookies. The Products uses locally stored objects, also called “Flash cookies,” when it uses Adobe Flash Player (“Flash”) to provide special content such as video streaming, video on demand, video clips or animation. Flash, and similar applications, use Flash cookies to remember visitors’ Products settings, preferences and usages. Flash cookies are managed directly through Adobe’s website, rather than through your web browser.
In order to continue to bring you the site for free, we place advertising on our web pages. Some of these advertisements, if clicked upon, may contain cookies, collect information, such as your IP address and domain type. As explained in the section Third-Party Advertising and Third-Party Web Sites, you should consult the privacy policies of any advertisers with respect to their information gathering practices.
We may also display targeted advertisements to you based on information you have supplied to us. For instance, if you have expressed an interest in a particular product, we may supply you with advertisements from selected marketing partners of that product. They will not, however, receive your personal information unless you volunteer it to such advertisers.
We also work with ad network partners that display ads on our Products. To improve your ad experience on the Products and elsewhere on the Internet, we may send non-personal information to our ad network partners based on your browser’s activities, such as type of pages viewed and categories of interests, so that the advertising you see is relevant to you. Click here and here to learn more about our ad partner’s ad practices, including how to opt out of using anonymous information to select which ads to show you.
Third-Party Advertising and Third-Party Web Sites
How Information Is Used and Shared
We may use information we collect to do the following, among other things:
- Create and manage your account;
- Provide the products and services you request;
- Enroll you in contests, programs or other offers you request;
- Tell you about other products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Process payment for purchases you have made;
- Protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions;
- Analyze the use of our Products;
- Develop new products and services;
- Understand how you arrived at the Products;
Manage the Products and Services;
- Enforce the terms of this Policy.
In the event that Deseret Digital Media is considering a sale of its business, in its entirety or a component thereof, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, or a portion thereof, Data, including PII, may be one of the transferred assets, and may therefore be used by a third party acquirer in accordance with this Policy. Such use by a third party may include review of PII, using such PII to contact you either before or after such a transfer or sale, use or transfer of non-PII before or after such a transfer or sale, or for other purposes.
WE MAY DISCLOSE PII ABOUT YOU TO A THIRD PARTY FOR COMPENSATION.
In addition, we may share your information as described below:
- Information You Elect to Share: You may choose to share information with Third Parties by clicking on links to those Third Parties from within the Products. In addition, you may elect to share information, including PII, through the Services offered on the Products by, for instance, posting comments on comment boards or listing classified advertisements. Some of your activity on the Products, including content you have posted, is public by default. Some of this content may include PII.
- Third-Party Advertisers and Web Sites: We may share your non-PII with, or make your non-PII available to, Third Parties as described in the section above titled Third-Party Advertising and Third-Party Web Sites.
Information Disclosed to Vendors, Partners, Service Providers, and Others for Business Purposes: We contract with vendors to provide services related to the Products and may share information with such vendors in order to provide products or services to you or to help maintain the Products. We also may share non-PII with our partners, service providers and other persons with whom we conduct business.
The Products may include forums (such as message boards, chat rooms, comment boards, and reviews) that enable users to post a comment or communicate with each other. The Operator is under no obligation to moderate or edit the forums and will not be responsible for the content or use of any material posted on any forum within the Products. The Operator retains the right to delete at any time and for any reason any material posted within the Products.
We take information security seriously, and we use reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect the PII we collect from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. But we have no control over the security of other websites on the Internet that you might visit even when a link may appear to those websites on our Products or through our Services. If you share your computer or use a computer that is accessed by the general public, remember to sign off and close your browser window when you have finished your session. This will help to ensure that others cannot access your PII.
Additionally, and as you are likely aware, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take commercially reasonable steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your PII, searches or other communications will always remain secure. In the event of a breach of the confidentiality or security of your PII, we will notify you if reasonably possible and as reasonably necessary so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may notify you under such circumstances using the e-mail address(es) we have on record for you. You should also take care with how you handle and disclose your PII. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s Web site at https://www.consumer.ftc.gov for information about how to protect against identity theft.
California Privacy Rights
Under California law, California residents may request once a year, free of charge, certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Specifically, we will provide a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes, along with the names and addresses of these third parties. To make such a request, please email us at email@example.com or write to us at: Legal Department, Deseret Digital Media, Inc., 55 North 300 West, Salt Lake City, Utah 84145. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the email or postal address specified above. You should put “California Privacy Rights” in the subject line and in your request. You must provide us with the specific information regarding yourself so that we can accurately respond to your request.
California Do Not Track Disclosure
Certain web browsers may allow you to enable a “do not track” option that sends signals to the websites you visit indicating that you do not want your online activities tracked. This is different than blocking cookies as browsers with the “do not track” option selected may still accept cookies. Right now, there is no industry standard for how companies should respond to “do not track” signals, although one may be adopted in the future. Deseret Digital Media does not respond to “do not track” signals at this time. If we do so in the future, we will modify this Policy accordingly. More information about “do not track” is available at www.allaboutdnt.org.
We do not authorize the collection of your PII for third party use through advertising technologies without you providing consent directly to such third parties.
Users From Outside the United States
The Products are hosted in the United States and are governed by U.S. law. If you are using the Products from outside the United States, please be aware that any PII you share with us will be stored and processed in the United States where we locate and operate our servers and databases. By using the Products, you consent to the storage and processing of your PII at our facilities and the facilities of those third parties with whom we share your PII as described in this Policy.
Questions concerning the Policy or the Products, including any request to review or change your PII, should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.